Thursday, April 21, 2011

the big "3"...

A big party was already planned, even though I did not want to celebrate this year. It was all of his mommy & me girlfriends and their parents which were all very supportive, his music teacher was coming to the park to do a "Music Together" birthday party surprise (which I was a little fearful about), his friends from music, some friends from our jobs at EarthLink, childhood friends of mine and our family that lived in the area. I was praying for a happy day for all of us...it actually turned out great and it would be the last time that we would see all of those friends together. Timing was a bit scary for us at this point, but we had just sold our house and M had just taken a job in Las Vegas (where we still live today). We researched the programs/school info that was offered to children with Autism, it definitely was not as good as CA. but there was no turning back now. We spoke with a local support group called FEAT and to this day, they are still a very valuable resource to so many families just like ours. I was super scared about the move, but looking forward to a new beginning. We made sure that our house was near a good elementary school since we knew Hunter would be able to start school after getting our final evaluation from the State of NV. At this point, I feel very blessed, my little boy is amazing, healthy and happy! We had already committed to ourselves to do everything we possible could in the very important "informative" years where his little brain was mold-able. I had a vision that day that when Hunter gets older, he will be able to make a difference in the Autism community, at that point, I didn't know how or what it would be but I just knew that he would - call it mother's intuition :) I make a promise to myself to never look at his Autism as a negative, just a positive, a beautiful gift and I have never looked back, just moved forward full steam ahead which I knew would be the best gift I could ever give to my son!

No comments:

Post a Comment